Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks

It was quite strange not having Thanksgiving today (since we had it last week with my parents.) Despite the lack of a turkey, green bean casserole, and the plethora of pies that usually accompany this holiday, there is one thing that didn't change. Well, two. The first is we totes still watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (I cried; I just love the holiday season, and that's like the official kickoff for me. Emotional?) Second, I still want to take time to give thanks.

Looking back on this year, it's easy to find things to be thankful for. In May, I graduated Kendall College of Art and Design. I am so grateful I was able to get my degree in four years, while I still had a generous scholarship. I'm so thankful for the people there who helped me grow as an artist and a person. It really was the best time of my life to date.

I'm also thankful for all the opportunities I had this past year to exhibit my work and grow my audience: whether it was my solo show at Bay College, my art booth at the Renaissance Faire, an offer to be featured in an online magazine, or even just crafting it up with kids at a summer camp, I have really been blessed this year when it comes to my art. I even landed a job in the art world, which is more than I could have asked for.

I want to take this time to thank all of you who endure my billions of art/blog/promotional posts. Every time you share them, I get closer to reaching my goal. So thanks. Art isn't possible without an audience, and I can't say how much I appreciate all the encouragement, kind words, shares, and likes. It's what motivates me to continue creating and to move on to bigger and better things. Here's to a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year. Happy Thanksgiving, all!


No comments:

Post a Comment