Saturday, November 10, 2012

Till You Faint

Okay. No pictures tonight. Just this: I worked for about 10 and a half hours today (it was our Paint Till You Faint event), and I just about did faint. Because after I worked those 10+ hours, I walked home which took about another hour (luckily my sister was with me.) Needless to say, I'm turning off my alarm tonight and I am not moving tomorrow unless absolutely necessary. I think my feet have been replaced with blisters. Ouch. My body is not used to this much exercise (biking/walking an hour or more every day this past week) and I'm pretty sure it's slowly rejecting me and starting to fall apart.

I was having a bad day. Because a lot of weird things happened today. And I suddenly realized how much it sucks to live in a city with no one you know, no friends, no significant others, no...nothing (except my sister, does that count?) I haven't had a night out in MONTHS (though I did have a Halloween party last weekend, so that's something), I don't have any friends who can just come over and drink some wine and talk about people. So yeah this is one of those entries where I just vent a bit because honestly I'm not feeling very inspiring, or inspired. I think for me, the hardest thing about being a graduate is this: I feel completely disconnected. From friends, from people in general. From art itself. In school it was like, we had this pod that everyone lived in and we all fed off each other's creativity and it helped everyone grow. And now, being cut off from that, it's like I'm...wilting. (woo, plant reference.) Just sort of stagnant with no stimulation or motivation. I don't know if there's anyone out there who even reads this blog, this tiny, infinitesimal attempt at connection, but if you are reading this, and you've felt this before, leave a comment. How did you get out of your "rut?"

Oh also. my friend sent me this website and it actually helped a great deal and made me feel much calmer. haha. http://new.weavesilk.com/?a5xh Mindless. Blissful. The background music reminds me of Sigur Ros. :D Love me some Sigur Ros.

Last minute thought: My upstairs neighbors are very rude and I'm fairly certain by the end of the year everyone's going to assume I've picked up a smoking habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment