Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blue. Lips. Eyes.

Well. As I have mentioned before, I'm dealing with a little artist's block here. I'm just feeling sort of uninspired, not really feeling my old artwork/style anymore and not really sure how to move forward. I like doing illustrating, but I feel like my stuff just never ends up how I want it to look. And I know the only way to get it to look how I want is to experiment, explore, and just. keep. working.

But sometimes that's SO hard.

So I find the best way for me to get past a block is to find an artist I do like, and take some pointers from their artwork and just run with that. Here's my latest piece, based on this artist I found who is doing some really cool stuff with textured watercolor: https://www.facebook.com/kellymckernanart
My piece: The Most Human Color
This piece can be purchased on my Etsy page here:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/115067251/5x7-original-watercolor-painting-the

I'm planning on doing a few more of these little watercolors. They're small (5"x7") and they go pretty quickly. We'll see what else I can come up with. haha.

Some other things I've been doing: working on a custom cake topper for my friend's wedding (she's getting married this summer). She wanted a pair of lips and a mustache holding hands. Here it is in pieces:

Oh and I'll show you this one even though it's not that good. Portrait of Zooey Deschanel I did as a small practice piece. Just pencil on paper, nothing impressive haha. Adorkable? My parents are coming down to visit tomorrow so I've got to get my house put back together before then. Hm...do I paint now and clean tomorrow or wait to paint later? That indeed is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment