Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Chance to Redefine

I am sort of obsessed with this sing "January White" by Sleeping At Last. It's just beautiful. There's one line that says "the past will be the past, but the future is brighter than any flashback." I think that's just so profound. January is a new time, a time for resolutions, wiping the slate clean, starting over.

But you don't have to wait till January to make the resolution to change.

I started doing a series of small paintings based on some of my favorite songs. Some of them illustrate the songs, some of them just use themes or ideas or a particular line from a song. My first one was "The Most Human Color," which was based on the song "Blue Lips" by Regina Spektor. I really want to illustrate some Fine Frenzy and Florence and the Machine eventually. Wooo, inspiration! :D Anyway, so here's an update on my current one, "January White," based on the song I mentioned above. NOTE: It is NOT finished yet! I still have quite a lot to do on it actually! I'll put up a full post when I'm done with it, and maybe even give you a preview of my next painting! Let's keep 'em coming, I say :D

I seriously can't wait to finish this piece. I haven't been this excited about art in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment