Wednesday, November 7, 2012

About Me

WHO AM I?!?? Well isn't that the question. My name is Michelle. I recently graduated from Kendall College of Art and Design with a BFA in Illustration. I'm currently working at a paint-your-own pottery studio, which I absolutely love. I could definitely be considered a geek: I love Lord of the Rings (the Hobbit comes out soon!), Doctor Who, BBC Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, Firefly......the list goes on. I've been overweight my whole life, and although it's always bothered me, I've never really done anything about it. But, I'm fresh out of college, hitting up a new town, and I'm trying to get in shape. But that's not really what this blog is about. It's about LOVE! no. Sorry, that was Moulin Rouge. It's about ART! I paint fantasy/fairy tales specifically, but really anything that tickles my fancy.Vintage photography, portraits, hair, fabric...whatever. yeah.


So there I am in the below picture on October 31, 2012. All dressed up in my Hermione costume (oh right, I'm a Harry Potter fan too), which I put together myself. I totes made a wand out of a chopstick and hot glue. "Ah yes, I remember you, 11 inches, bamboo, core made from a strand of hot glue, rather brittle, yes?" Thanks Ollivander.


Besides art, cooking and gardening are proooooobably my two favorite things. I know, I have the hobbies a middle-aged woman! So I hope this blog will be filled with art tutorials, some of my favorite recipes (more or less, I usually just throw stuff together but for you I will try!) and sort of a documentation of my life in between. So whether it's art, recipes, geek-related things, or just something to laugh at, I hope you'll enjoy my blog. :)

2 comments:

  1. Just want to let you know Michelle, I am a fan! Keep up your inspiring work and I will continue to spread the word about your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Tyler! I appreciate it, and I'll certainly return the favor :)

    ReplyDelete