Sunday, November 18, 2012

Progress, Thanksgiving, Holidays

My parents came down this weekend and spent a few days with my sister and me. It was great having them here (and not just because they bought us groceries!) and we all had a lovely time. I got to show my parents where I worked, we all had an amazing Thanksgiving dinner (we celebrated early so we could be together; my mom and I did most of the cooking. I'm pretty much a housewife without a husband.) We had chicken and a small ham instead of a turkey (CHICKSGIVING!) We also attended a football game (NEVER AGAIN. ugh.) and today went to a lovely concert in which my sister was playing. We even skyped with our dear Irish friend from this summer (miss her so much!!)

Needless to say. I did NOT get that much painting done. BLEARGH. Tomorrow. I will get SO much done tomorrow. But. Here is an update on my current painting.

WOO! It's going to be a tad bit creepy but I think it sort of works. Whatevs. Also I'll post some of my bookmarks tomorrow, and try to add them to my Etsy site. (Spoiler: some of them are Doctor Who-related.)

Also, I've been scouring the CRAP out of Pinterest trying to find cute ideas so I can decorate my house for Christmas. And let me tell you something: DIY might be less expensive, but it it SO time-consuming. Seriously, I saw this thing online where someone used tulle and tied it around Christmas lights to get a cute lit garland effect, and I started doing that today and it took me like 15 minutes to cover about 4 inches of wire. REALLY? So that may or may not happen, we'll see. I've got a backup plan (namely, leftover greenery from last year!) Pinterest, man. So many good ideas, and so very little time. Anyway, super pumped about the holidays, I'll probably do a lot of my decorating tomorrow because we already had Thanksgiving and I can.

Also I only have about 18 Christmas songs on my computer so I'm going to have to fix that at some point. Okay, I think that's all for now.

Have a HAPPY and BLESSED Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment