Monday, November 12, 2012

Manic Monday

Well today was just all sorts of weird. I started my day out waking up reaaaaally early to go to an open interview for a cleaning position at a restaurant. So not glamorous, but this girl needs some cash. So I get there, and the guy who "interviewed" me wasn't actually the guy who was supposed to be interviewing and who would be doing the actual hiring. So I'm talking myself up to this guy and he was like "well I'll give your resume to my brother and he'll get back to you." grr what.

So I basically sat at home and started about 15,000 art projects (okay like 4) because I really want to get back into doing stuff just for the sake of keeping up with my observation skills. If you don't use it, you lose it! And let me tell you. I've lots quite a bit of it. So I've started just doing a bunch of sketches of actors, characters, etc. that I can just have fun with and not get too serious about.

I got a phone call from my bestie today which was bittersweet. We both had rough weekends, but it was so nice to sit and chat with her even if it was just for a bit. I don't see enough of that girl. She's coming up to see the Hobbit with me, which I'm totally psyched about because it was the original Lord of the Rings movies that brought us together in the first place, back when we were itty bitty middle schoolers.

The maintenance guy came and started fixing my garbage disposal; he had to drain the pipes or whatever so my whole apartment was super stinky. That was a weird situation too but I've come to expect nothing less from our maintenance guy.

Here's a terrible Photobooth picture of a drawing I did of Zooey Deschanel. I'll show you guys a better picture tomorrow when I can get my camera out. The drawing isn't actually that good. Like I said, it's been quite a while since I've had to do any sort of drawing from observation, so now I have to really push myself to get back in a good spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment