Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pictures, Paint and Police Boxes


Wow. I missed a couple days and I feel so behind! This post is going to be pretty long because I've got a few things to cover. First of all: Finished pieces! I've gotten 2 pieces done since my last post so I'll get those out of the way first. Each one of these is approximately 5"x7" and are available in my Etsy shop for $45 a piece.

"Serenity," a painting I made using this reference: [link]

"Nautilus": a painting I made in homage to the Golden Ratio, my favorite mathematical phenomenon
Alright. So what else is new. Ah! Doctor Who for the Holidays! I've got a bunch of products in the works right now, just trying to figure out which ones i want to make multiples of and whatnot. So here's a roundup of some Doctor Who-related items.

Made this little guy today, great for little kids as it's soft and there are no small parts :D

A set of bookmarks, great for Doctor Who bookworms

Doctor Who TARDIS damask bow, for those who like to show their femininity as well as their geekiness. :D


So between that and decorating my house for Christmas (about 20 snowflakes and counting, not to mention Christmas trees, garland, and wreaths) I've been pretty busy the past 2 days. I've also gotten a commission for a piece that's VERY unlike my usual art, but will surely be a challenge and a great asset to my skill portfolio.

One last thing. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought myself some paint. HOLY CRAP WATERCOLOR PAINTS ARE EXPENSIVE. I mean, I know a tiny tube lasts like 2 years, but I still have a hard time shelling out $7-$15 for 5 ml of anything. *sigh* I chose such an expensive hobby to make into a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment