Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Well it's day one of the New Year. So like everyone else, I'm sitting here thinking, "hmm. Maybe I should set some goals for myself." But in all honesty, I don't really know where I want to be in a year. There are just so many things that can happen in a year, even moreso in the field of art. So I guess, for now I'll post at least a couple things I know for sure.

I want to have my children's book finished this year. And I mean finished. Illustrated, published, the whole nine yards. I want to start distributing it and seeing if I can go anywhere with it.

I want to get a T-shirt design published. Or a wallpaper design. Or something. Just. I want to get my name out there. For real.

I want to hit 1000 likes on my Facebook. I only have 360 right now. Friends of friends of friends right?

I want to have my website designed and working. It's a very important part of an art business, I know. So why haven't I put one up yet? Um. Because I'm poor.

Mostly, I think my resolution is that I want to stop making excuses. There are plenty of reasons to not finish my book, to not get this done and that done. I just want to start seeing results, and I think I am at a point now where I know how much I have to work for it. And I am starting to accept that.

Anyway. Onto ART! Things got kind of weird with the holidays. I know I'm trying to update this blog at least every week, but sometimes that is HARD (did I just break my "no excuses" resolution in the same post?) So. Art art art.

My first painting of 2012. I want this to be a year of light and purpose for myself, as well as everyone else. So let us start this year with the Sun. I am actually quite pleased with how this turned out. It's another illustration for the Silmarillion, which I think is going to end up being a sort of long-term project for me. This is Arien, who is the Maiar chosen to steer the vessel of the Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment