Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Onward and Upward

Sometimes you just have days that do not go as planned. And sometimes the best thing you can do isn't trying to "find the silver lining." Sometimes it's about looking back on that day and telling it "HEY. You thought you could kick my butt, but I survived you, FOOL." Ugh. Today is one of those days where nothing particularly horrible happened, just a lot of sort of crappy-ish things that added up and over-flowed what was apparently so already-repressed feelings.

I've been alone for a week because my sister (who is also my roommate) is still back home getting spoiled by my lovely parents. So I'm already feeling the lonelies. I also have no life, so have not actually set foot outside my apartment except when I have to go to work. Lazy days are awesome. But they get sort of annoying when you have a whole week of them. So today I get ready, decide I'm going to actually run some errands. NOPE. My boss texts me and tells me I was supposed to work TODAY, not tomorrow. CRAP. Miscommunications are just never ever fun. And I somehow end up on one side or the other quite a lot with these things.

I have an interview tomorrow. And I have to get up early. I hate getting up early. But I really need money. Because...uh...artist. *le sigh* So I got in a fight with my sister's printer (because mine is still being a b-word and won't do anything) and.....YES. I had a ROW. with a MACHINE. (if you get that reference you're awesome.)

BUT. I got my resume done, which was one of my goals for this month. I'm pretty happy with it but I'm sure there are things I need to fix. It's only 11 and I am exhausted so I am just going to leave you with this painting I finished today.

In regards to this painting- I have no idea where the concept came from. I just drew it up one day because I thought "seahorses are so freaking awesome" and then I thought "dude they'd be perfect to ride into a sea battle." Oh, my silly little brain.


No comments:

Post a Comment