Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Holy Ship!

It's no secret. I am SO DONE WITH WINTER. I am not a fan of snow. I hate walking in it. I hate slipping on it. I mean, I guess I like looking at it, but now when it's pummeling me into the ground. Anyway, I've been doing some more commissions, trying to save some spending money for my trip next week (HOLY CRAP NEXT WEEK), and lately I've had a few people ask me to draw ships.

Which I'm totally cool with, because I freaking love ships. Pirate ships, mostly, but other ships are pretty cool too. Basically any vessel that can traverse the open sea. Or lake. Any body of water, really. Not to mention, they make me think of nicer weather. I mean, no one wants to sail in the winter. Summer is much nicer, right? Ahhh, summer. How I miss thee!

So, time for some marine-time puns!

Holy ship! I only have a week left till I'm outta here! But I'm taking a train and plane, not ship. :(

Schooner or later I'll get this right. Yeah that just happened.

Sssssooooomething about sales/sails!

Sorry, I'm an artist, not a comedian. Not to mention, my dad is a band teacher, so by default the only funnies I know are really bad puns.

I'm still on this white-pen-on-black kick. Mostly because I keep getting people who ask me for it. I shan't complain! So here are some marine-themed pieces I have done as of late :)

"Hard to Starboard," a portrait (?) of the Titanic I drew for a client

"Schooner", a drawing I did for my grandpa at the request of my grandma :) It's nice to have family that supports you!
SO yes. Yay ships and stuff! I'll be doing another post or two this week (hopefully). Next week, I will try and write a post from Seattle! Expect many Comicon photos! :D :D :D Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Haaa! There's nothing wrong with a bad/good pun! I recently got gel pens, and haven't used them... Your drawings looks so nice; they inspire me to try mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thank you! I totally forgot I even had gel pens. I used to use them to just draw designs on my hand. Who knew I could use them for art!

      Delete