Sunday, February 3, 2013

February Madness

WOW. It's been almost a month since my last post. Sorry about that! And what a craaaazy month it has been! Okay, so. What's been going on.

Well I turned 23, that's kind of exciting I guess. I got lots of cards and calls and such, which was nice, and my sister and I dressed up all fancy and had a lovely dinner (I ate way too much and basically didn't move the next day, awesome.)

I also got hired at a Biggby Coffee shop, so I'm a barista now! I did my 3 days of training and my first day of actual work is tomorrow. Yikes! I really enjoy it actually, the people that I meet are generally very nice and completely understanding of my new-ness, and the ladies I work with totally rock. So yes, it's been a lot of fun and I feel so blessed that just when I needed it, God provided me a wonderful job opportunity.

Oh, and possibly the BIGGEST thing that happened in January: My parents, because they love me way more than I can even imagine, bought me a ticket to Seattle so I can attend the Emerald City Comic-Con with my sister who lives out there. HOORAAAAAAAY!!!! It's the first weekend of March, so it already feels like it's SO CLOSE. Misha Collins, who plays everyone's favorite fallen angel in the show Supernatural, is one of the celebrity guests so EXPECT PHOTOS. Yeah. I'm also really looking forward to checking out Artist's Alley and hopefully making some kick-ass connections.

On the whole Seattle note, I've been desperately trying to increase my art business in any way possible so I can actually have some spending money once I get out there. It's been frustrating, but I guess I just have to keep telling myself that these things take time. I have gotten a few commissions which is pretty exciting. That's kept me fairly busy the past week or so.

Well, onto some ART.

I've recently started working with white pen on black paper. I personally think it looks totally rad, and it's been received by my fans and friends pretty well. Here are some examples of what I'm talking about.

"Hard to Starboard," 8"x10" drawing of the Titanic I did for a friend.

"Written in the Stars," a portrait of Rose Tyler with the sign Aries in the sky. This one is for sale in my Etsy shop

A miniature (3.5"x5") drawing from a photo by a lovely girl named April who makes and sells hair pieces.

"Always Constant," my first white pen on black paper drawing. This one is also for sale

So those are some of the new pieces I've been making. Many of these and more originals and hand-signed prints are available in my Etsy shop, which can be found here: [link]

I've also got prints, iPhone covers, laptop skins, and pillows at my site on society6:

-->
Aaaaand if T-shirts are more your thing, I've got a whole bunch of those over at Redbubble:

No comments:

Post a Comment